- 1 1/2 pounds lean hamburger
- 1 Small to medium Onion
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen peas (or green beans, or whole kernel corn, or mixed vegetables)
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of frozen tater tots
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop onion. Sauté in large fry pan.
- When onion softens and begins to brown, add hamburger. Brown hamburger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray with Pam, or very lightly grease, a 9×13 pan, and spread browned hamburger in pan.
- Spread can of Cream of Mushroom soup over hamburger.
- Spread vegetables over hamburger and soup.
- Place tater tots in neat rows over the hamburger, soup and vegetables. It will take about 3/4 of that two pound bag.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Uncover, spread shredded cheese over top of tater tots.
- Uncovered, bake for an additional 15 minutes, until cheese is browned and melted into tater tots. Provides eight to ten servings.
Lettuce salad or some fruit make this a complete meal.